We believe in investing in our people, surgery, facilities, equipment, and latest technology so that we provide outstanding veterinary care for our patients and their owners.
We’re always on the lookout for talented people, just like you, to come and join us. If you’d like to register your details or find out more about available roles, please email us:
Rowena Batey via email email@example.com
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and caring
Small animal VET
to join our amazing team!
Contact: Rowena Batey
100% Small Animal Practice in Carlisle, Cumbria
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and caring small animal vet to join our amazing team!
An opportunity exists for you to expand the clinical team in a practice keen to keep key clinical skills in Primary Care Practice. Our Practice runs several in-house healthcare plans which, unlike the majority of schemes, provides both routine (preventative) and non-routine (accident and illness) care for member animals. To service these schemes it is vital that we maintain a team of veterinary surgeons who share our desire to develop and maintain a broad range of clinical and surgical skills within the practice.
The usual diagnostic aids are available (digital x-ray, both standard and dental units, ultrasound, video-endoscope, in-house clinical biochemistry) which will allow you to investigate your patient’s problems and then to guide the owner through the various clinical and surgical options
What we’re looking for:
Our ideal Candidate would be an experienced small animal vet.
We’re looking for a compassionate, caring vet who is a good communicator and is keen to develop long term relationships with clients and their pets.
You’ll be a team player but also able to act on your own judgement and make decisions when needed.
· The rota will be worked on a 1:4 basis, allowing a great work-life balance and giving you plenty of time to enjoy the nearby Lake District, which is just 35 minutes away.
· Our vets are supported by five RVNs together with an animal care assistant and student VNs.
· Yes, we do our own OOH work, but being a small practice this is not onerous.
We work a set rota with consistent days and duty nights and a long weekend every month, however all staff are flexible about swapping days off when needed.
What we can offer in return:
· We are delighted to be part of the VetPartners group, who offer a generous CPD budget, we encourage and will fund further study to certificate level for the right candidate.
· Salary will be dependent on experience and upon hours worked FTE £36,000 - £50,000 (we can accommodate a working week between 20 and 35 hours), with five weeks paid leave (plus bank holidays)
· RCVS fees and one veterinary subscription paid for.
· Cycle to work scheme.
· Healthshield Policy.